CYRCOL describes a new cross-sector reusable concept. This is intended to correct existing errors in the current reusable system and create a much simpler system for all parties involved.
The desire of consumers for plastic-free or even unpackaged products is constantly increasing. The new packaging law focuses on the topic of reuse through its mandatory reuse system in the to-go sector. But is this approach also feasible in supermarkets, drugstores or in the retail sector as a whole? The MulitpleUse System CYRCOL pursues exactly this idea. Counter-arguments for the introduction of a new reuse system are often increased costs, product safety concerns, lack of differentiation in the market, or existing flaws in the current pool of reusable bottles. The new reuse system is intended to eliminate the existing errors and establish a much simpler system for all stakeholders.
The concept of the new reuse system includes the following essential aspects:
– Stable packaging made of metal, glass, or plastic, allowing easy cleaning and hygiene in accordance with product and packaging requirements
– Modular and stackable packaging containers for efficient use of space
– Central cleaning stations in different regions
– Establishment of a new return system (gas stations, deposit vending machines, etc.)
– Digital transformation of the deposit system & digital traceability of each container
– Central production and stocking of packs by CYRCOL
– Pay-Per-Use principle for fillers
– Pre-financing of start-up quantities by CYRCOL or by consumer deposits
– Recycling of damaged containers
– Possibility of individualization
The system is to be thought not only nationally, but also European-wide/internationally. For this purpose, the first brand partners from EU countries have already been found who want to support the development and operational capability of such a system. For the development of the system, PACOON has already been able to win key players in the supply chain such as cleaning, tracking & tracing, coding, packaging development. A funding application for the development of the system will be submitted shortly. For this we are looking for more companies from all industries (Food, NonFood, Textile, DIY, FastFood, Restaurant Delivery etc.) who want to actively participate in the development and support our application or supportively participate in the definition of the requirements.
Parallel to the application for the concept, initial package types are also to be developed that can serve for different product segments. For this purpose, branded companies as SMEs can even be supported directly in the package development for their industry or large companies can be represented by the services of PACOON.